Learn how to make a sweet milk, blue-veinded, fermented and matured cheeses at the Lithuanian farm.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
During this program you are going to a local farm, where Dzūkija people produce not only Lithuanian cottage cheese but also a variety of fermented, matured, and blue-veined cheeses.
During the program:
*A funny farmer named Gražina, who has received several awards, will tell you the way from “the meadow to the table” of cheese. She will show You her farm and the basement, where blue-veined cheeses are matured;
* you will taste 15 kinds of different cheeses;
* you will milk a cow and taste some fresh milk;
*you will make some butter and taste it;
* you will try to produce some cheese production by yourself;
* you will meet some animals at the farm;
* you will ride the horse-drawn carriage.
A sense of salt and good emotions in this program will be more than sufficient.
Duration: 2 hours.
Price: 15 €/1 person, children up to 15 – 6 Eur, children up to 4 – free.
Season: whole year.
Place: 8 km. from Druskininkai.
The program needs translation: from lithuanian or rusian language to english language (the price 15 Eur/hour)
* The minimum amount of people – 10 persons;
* Booking in advance is necessary;
* We can provide transportation services.